Houston Baptist 60
(5-14, 2-10 away)
Venue: Swinney Recreation Center
8:05PM ET / 5:05PM PT, January 22, 2013
||A Bernardi 14
||A Bernardi 5
||T Russell 2
||E Tyler 11
||F Chatmon 7
||E Tyler 3
On Tuesday, January 22nd, Missouri-Kansas City suffered a close loss to Houston Baptist 63-61. Fred Chatmon earned a double-double in a losing effort with 10 points and 17 rebounds. Nelson Kirksey scored 14 points and added five rebounds. Art Bernardi got a career-high 25 points and eight rebounds (5 Stl 3 Blk) for the Huskies. Missouri-Kansas City (6-15, 3-5 Summit League) welcomes Nebraska-Omaha (4-16, 2-4 Summit League) on Saturday, January 26th.
Missouri-Kansas City Game Notes
- The last time UMKC started the season 6-15 was 2008.
- The Kangaroos have been unlucky 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Missouri-Kansas City has lost 31 close games.
- Missouri-Kansas City has lost 100% of the time this season (0-9) after recording 61 or fewer total points.
- The Kangaroos have lost 100% of the time this season (0-8) after having a field goal percentage of 39.0% or worse.
- When the opposition records 10 or more steals this season, Missouri-Kansas City has lost 100% of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 42.9% or better this season, Missouri-Kansas City has lost 85% of the time (2-11).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 44.9% or better this season, Missouri-Kansas City has lost 80% of the time (3-12).
- Missouri-Kansas City has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 2nd loss of the season where the Kangaroos opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--UMKC has a 2.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Fred Chatmon recorded a team season high in rebounds with 17.
- The top two scorers (Nelson Kirksey and Thomas Staton) accounted for 42.6% of the points.
- Fred Chatmon accounted for 50.0% of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (34) than the starters (27).
- Nelson Kirksey has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 21 games this season.
- Fred Chatmon has led the team in rebounding in 17 out of 21 games this season.
- Fred Chatmon recorded the 5th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Fred Chatmon recorded a double-double. It was the 3rd of his career.
- Fred Chatmon had career highs with 17 rebounds and 7 offensive rebounds.
Houston Baptist Game Notes
- Art Bernardi recorded a team season high in points with 25 and blocks with 3.
- Lamar Thomas tallied a team season high in blocks with 3.
- Art Bernardi accounted for 41.6% of the team's points.
- Art Bernardi has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 10 times in 19 games this season.
- This marks the 7th 20-point game of Art Bernardi's career.
- Art Bernardi has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Art Bernardi set career highs with 25 points, a 100% three-point percentage, and 5 steals.