Memphis beat Tulane 71-60 in C-USA action on Tuesday, January 22nd. The Tigers got the win with a game-high 18 points and five assists (4 Reb 4 Stl) from Geron Johnson. Chris Crawford had 14 points and added six assists. Josh Davis recorded a double-double for the Green Wave on 13 points and 12 rebounds. The Tigers are on a five-game win streak. The next game will be on Saturday, January 26th when Memphis (15-3, 4-0 C-USA) hosts Marshall (9-9, 2-1 C-USA).
Memphis Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:02 left to go.
- Memphis started 15-3 during the 2008 and 2006 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Tulane extended the Memphis winning streak to 9 games.
- Memphis has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after committing 13 or fewer turnovers.
- The Tigers have won 86% of the time this season (6-1) after recording 6 or more three-pointers.
- Memphis has won 80% of the time this season (8-2) when its field goal percentage has been 49.1% or better.
- Memphis has won 100% of the time this season (9-0) after holding an opponent to under 37.9% field goal percentage.
- Memphis has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) when opponents record 1 or fewer blocks.
- This season Memphis has won 80% of the time (4-1) when Joe Jackson has 16 points or more, 83% of the time (5-1) when Chris Crawford has 4 field goals made or more, and 86% of the time (6-1) when D.J. Stephens has 3 blocks or more.
- The Tigers set a season high for blocks.
- The Tigers have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 14 games.
- This is the 2nd win of the season where the Tigers came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--Memphis has a 13.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Geron Johnson and Joe Jackson) accounted for 47.8% of the points.
- D.J. Stephens accounted for 34.4% of the team's rebounds.
- D.J. Stephens has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 18 games this season.
- D.J. Stephens recorded the 4th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Joe Jackson has 14 straight double-digit point games.
Tulane Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Ricky Tarrant and Josh Davis) accounted for 48.3% of the points.
- Josh Davis accounted for 36.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Ricky Tarrant has led the team in scoring 9 times in 19 games this season.
- Josh Davis has led the team in rebounding 17 times in 19 games this season.
- Josh Davis recorded the 27th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Josh Davis has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Josh Davis recorded a double-double. It was his 11th this season and 23rd of his career.
- Ricky Tarrant has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Jordan Callahan.