(16-3, 7-2 away)
(12-7, 7-3 home)
Venue: Wells Fargo Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 22, 2013
||R Smith 18
||G Dieng 10
||P Siva 6
||J Pinkston 13
||M Yarou 5
||R Arcidiacono 3
Although they were big underdogs on Tuesday, January 22nd, Villanova got the upset over No. 5 Louisville 73-64 in conference action. The Wildcats now have a record of 1-1 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Ryan Arcidiacono paced the Wildcats and got a team-high 15 points plus five rebounds. Achraf Yacoubou had three points and added five rebounds. Peyton Siva registered a double-double for the Cardinals with 15 points and 13 assists. Villanova (11-6, 3-3 Big East) gets third-ranked Syracuse (18-1, 6-0 Big East) on their home court on Saturday, January 26th.
Villanova Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:25 left to go.
- Villanova started 12-7 during the 2003, 2002, 2001, and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- Villanova beat the spread by 20.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Wildcats have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, Villanova played 49 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 19-30.
- The Wildcats have won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after recording 7 or more three-pointers.
- Villanova has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) when its field goal percentage has been 45.8% or better.
- Villanova has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when opponents record 12 or fewer free throws made.
- Villanova has won 75% of the time this season (9-3) after holding an opponent to under 39.7% field goal percentage.
- This season Villanova has won 75% of the time (6-2) when James Bell has 10 points or more, 75% of the time (9-3) when JayVaughn Pinkston has 4 field goals made or more, and 75% of the time (6-2) when Darrun Hilliard has 4 free throws made or more.
- The Wildcats have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 6 games.
- Villanova has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- Ryan Arcidiacono has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 19 games this season.
- JayVaughn Pinkston has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 19 games this season.
- Darrun Hilliard has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- James Bell had a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Daniel Ochefu.
Louisville Game Notes
- Louisville lost and did not cover the spread.
- Peyton Siva recorded a team season high in assists with 13.
- The top two scorers (Wayne Blackshear and Peyton Siva) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Gorgui Dieng and Montrezl Harrell) accounted for 44.1% of the rebounds.
- Wayne Blackshear has led the team in scoring 3 times in 19 games this season.
- Gorgui Dieng has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 19 games this season.
- This game was the 6th double-digit assist game of Peyton Siva's career.
- Peyton Siva recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 4th of his career.
- Peyton Siva set a career high with 13 assists.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Gorgui Dieng.
|C||S. Van Treese||7||3||2||0||1||0||0|