Pittsburgh squared off with Providence on Tuesday, January 22nd and won on the road versus the Friars 68-64 in Big East play. The Panthers got the win with a team-high 17 points and seven rebounds from Lamar Patterson. Tray Woodall also had a strong showing, scoring nine points and adding eight assists. For the Friars, Bryce Cotton finished with a game-high 24 points and four rebounds. Next up for Pittsburgh (16-4, 4-3 Big East) is DePaul (10-8, 1-4 Big East) on Saturday, January 26th on their home court.
Pittsburgh Game Notes
- Pittsburgh started 16-4 during the 2009, 2007, and 2004 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Providence extended the Pittsburgh winning streak to 3 games.
- The Panthers have won 2 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Pittsburgh has won 24 close games.
- Pittsburgh has won 100% of the time this season (8-0) when its field goal percentage has been 51.0% or better.
- The Panthers have won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after recording 10 or more steals.
- Pittsburgh has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after committing 14 or fewer turnovers.
- Pittsburgh has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when opponents record 6 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Pittsburgh has won 100% of the time (11-0) when Tray Woodall has 4 field goals made or more and 100% of the time (4-0) when Lamar Patterson has 7 rebounds or more.
- Lamar Patterson has led the team in scoring 5 times and in rebounding 4 times in 20 games this season.
Providence Game Notes
- The Friars have lost 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Providence has lost 29 close games.
- Bryce Cotton accounted for 37.5% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Kadeem Batts and LaDontae Henton) accounted for 53.3% of the rebounds.
- Bryce Cotton has led the team in scoring 12 times in 19 games this season.
- Kadeem Batts has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 19 games this season.
- This marks the 23rd 20-point game of Bryce Cotton's career.
- Bryce Cotton has 6 straight 20+ point games.
- Vincent Council has 4 straight double-digit point games.