Providence was beaten at home by Pittsburgh 68-64 in conference play on Tuesday, January 22nd. The Friars got a good effort from Bryce Cotton, who got a game-high 24 points and four rebounds. Kadeem Batts had 17 points and added nine rebounds. For the Panthers, Lamar Patterson finished with a team-high 17 points and seven rebounds. Next up for Providence (10-9, 2-5 Big East) is Marquette (13-4, 4-1 Big East) on Saturday, January 26th on the road.
Providence Game Notes
- Providence started 10-9 during the 2002 and 2001 seasons (since 1996).
- PC beat the spread by 2.5 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Friars have beaten the spread.
- The Friars have been unlucky 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Providence has lost 29 close games.
- Providence has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 30 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition records 68 or more total points this season, Providence has lost 100% of the time (0-8).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 51.0% or better this season, Providence has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 26 or more field goals made this season, Providence has lost 86% of the time (1-6).
- Providence has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 4 games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--PC has a 10.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Bryce Cotton accounted for 37.5% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Kadeem Batts and LaDontae Henton) accounted for 53.3% of the rebounds.
- Bryce Cotton has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 19 games this season.
- Kadeem Batts has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 19 games this season.
- This marks the 23rd 20-point game of Bryce Cotton's career.
- Bryce Cotton has 6 straight 20+ point games.
- Vincent Council has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Pittsburgh Game Notes
- Pittsburgh won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Panthers won this one, but have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Pittsburgh has lost 21 close games.
- Lamar Patterson has led the team in scoring 5 times and in rebounding 4 times in 20 games this season.