Marshall vs. Southern Miss: Full Game Preview
|Marshall||E Pittman 14.8||D Tinnon 9.2||D Kane 7.6|
|Southern Miss||D Davis 12.9||J Mills 6.7||N Watson 4.9|
Marshall travels to Reed Green Coliseum on Wednesday to take on Southern Miss. Tip-off is at 7:00 EST and you can see it on CSS. The Thundering Herd are 4-3 against the Golden Eagles over the last four years. They won 73-62 on 3/9/2012 the last time they played.
Marshall is in 4th place in the conference, Southern Miss is in 1st place.
In their last game, DeAndre Kane put up 22 points and 8 assists in the Thundering Herd 77-56 romp of East Carolina on January 19th. He paces the team in assists per game with 7.6, and steals per game with 1.9. For the Golden Eagles, Cedric Jenkins finished with 13 points in the 74-59 blowout of UAB on January 19th. He is averaging 5.9 points and 1.2 rebounds per game. Southern Miss will hope to exploit their strengths, which include: offensive rebounding percentage at 41.7 and effective field goal percentage at 54.2.
Southern Miss StatSmack
- DeAndre Kane is ranked 11th nationally in assists.
- The Marshall basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Southern Miss (100% vs 54%).
- Marshall has a better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (0.557 to 0.535).
- The Marshall scoring leader (D.D. Scarver) has more points than the Southern Miss scoring leader (Jerrold Brooks).
- Elijah Pittman is ranked 10th in C-USA in blocks.
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Marshall has had more players drafted by the NBA than Southern Miss (1 vs 0).
- Marshall can actually jump, with more rebounds (41.5 per game vs 33.9 per game) than Southern Miss this season.
- Marshall players are more experienced than Southern Miss players (8,643 minutes played vs 5,908 minutes played).
- The Marshall three-point leader (D.D. Scarver) has more three-pointers than the Southern Miss three-point leader (Jerrold Brooks).