South Carolina 65
(11-7, 3-3 away)
(22) Missouri 71
(14-4, 11-1 home)
Venue: Mizzou Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 22, 2013
||B Williams 12
||L Jackson 7
||E Smith 3
||L Bowers 16
||A Oriakhi 8
||P Pressey 7
South Carolina faced off with No. 22 Missouri on Tuesday, January 22nd and fell to the Tigers 71-65 in conference play. The Gamecocks got a team-high 16 points and five rebounds from Brenton Williams. Laimonas Chatkevicius had eight points and added three rebounds. Earnest Ross recorded a double-double for the Tigers on a season-high 21 points and 10 rebounds. Next up for South Carolina (11-7, 1-4 SEC) is Arkansas (11-6, 2-2 SEC) on Saturday, January 26th on their home court.
South Carolina Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:05 left to go.
- South Carolina started 11-7 during the 2009, 2006, 2004, and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- USC beat the spread by 8.0 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Gamecocks have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, USC played 32 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 7-25.
- The Gamecocks have lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after having a field goal percentage of 36.9% or worse.
- South Carolina has lost 86% of the time this season (1-6) after recording 65 or fewer total points.
- This is the 2nd loss of the season where the Gamecocks opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Brenton Williams and RJ Slawson) accounted for 43.0% of the points.
- Brenton Williams has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 18 games this season.
- Bruce Ellington had a career high with 9 rebounds.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for RJ Slawson.
- Brenton Williams has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Michael Carrera.
Missouri Game Notes
- Missouri won, but did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Earnest Ross and Alex Oriakhi) accounted for 54.9% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Alex Oriakhi and Earnest Ross) accounted for 47.7% of the rebounds.
- Earnest Ross has led the team in scoring 3 times in 18 games this season.
- Alex Oriakhi has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 18 games this season.
- Jabari Brown has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 7th 20-point game of Earnest Ross's career.
- Earnest Ross recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 9th of his career.
- Alex Oriakhi recorded the 31st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Alex Oriakhi.
- Alex Oriakhi recorded a double-double. It was his 6th this season and 20th of his career.
- Alex Oriakhi set career highs with 18 points, a 100% field goal percentage, and 10 free throws made.