|Penn State||T Frazier 16.3||R Travis 7.2||D (DJ) Newbill 4.1|
|Indiana||C Zeller 17.2||C Zeller 8.2||K Ferrell 4.8|
On Wednesday, Penn State travels to Assembly Hall (IN) to take on No. 7 Indiana. Tip-off occurs at 7:00 EST and you can catch it on Big Ten Network. The Nittany Lions fell to the Hoosiers 74-51 on January 7th and are 5-5 against them over the last four years.
Penn State maintains 12th place in the Big Ten while Indiana is in 2nd place.
The Nittany Lions fell 68-64 to Nebraska on January 19th. Jermaine Marshall finished with 18 points in the loss. In addition to his 15.2 points per game, he is also chipping in 4.5 rebounds per game. For the Hoosiers, Cody Zeller put up 21 points and 13 rebounds in the 67-59 win over Northwestern on January 20th. He puts up a team-leading 17.2 points per game, 8.2 rebounds per game, and 1.3 blocks per game.
Indiana has a statistical edge over Penn State in three key areas. The Hoosiers have an advantage over the Nittany Lions when it comes to assists, 16 per game to nine per game. Indiana also has an advantage in scoring, 84 points per game to 62 points per game. Finally, the Hoosiers have the edge in field goal percentage as well, 50% to 39%. From a tempo-free perspective, Indiana is strong in the following categories: free throw rate at 49.4, effective field goal percentage at 56.6, and offensive rebounding percentage and 40.3.
- Penn State has a much better NCSA Athletic Ranking than Indiana (#11 vs #43).
- Ross Travis is ranked 8th in the Big Ten in rebounds.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Penn State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (980 to 952) than Indiana, per the NCAA.
- Penn State has a much better Kiplinger Out-of-State Ranking than Indiana (#37 vs #62).
- The Penn State basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Indiana (86% vs 62%).
- Penn State has a much better NCSA Power Ranking than Indiana (#11 vs #99).
- Jermaine Marshall is ranked 5th in the Big Ten in steals.
- Penn State has a much better NCSA Academic Ranking than Indiana (#47 vs #71).
- Penn State has a better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.524 to 0.472).
- At least you keep showing up. Penn State has an average margin of victory of 8 over Indiana in 9 wins since 1981.