(14) Ohio State 72
(14-4, 12-1 home)
Venue: Value City Arena
6:30PM ET / 3:30PM PT, January 22, 2013
||R Devyn Marble 14
||A White 6
||A Clemmons 4
||D Thomas 20
||D Thomas 6
||A Craft 4
No. 14 Ohio State squared off with Iowa on Tuesday, January 22nd and defeated the Hawkeyes 72-63 in conference action. Deshaun Thomas played brilliantly for the Buckeyes and got a game-high 16 points and seven rebounds. Lenzelle Smith Jr. had 12 points and added six rebounds. Aaron White got a team-high 13 points and seven rebounds for the Hawkeyes. Ohio State (13-4, 4-2 Big Ten) gets Penn State (8-10, 0-6 Big Ten) on the road on Saturday, January 26th.
Ohio State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:15 left to go.
- The Buckeyes have won 100% of the time this season (10-0) after recording 27 or more field goals made.
- Ohio State has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when its field goal percentage has been 51.9% or better.
- OSU has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after holding an opponent to under 35.5% field goal percentage.
- OSU has won 92% of the time this season (11-1) when opponents record 63 or fewer total points.
- This season Ohio State has won 76% of the time (13-4) when Deshaun Thomas has 16 points or more, 100% of the time (7-0) when Lenzelle Smith Jr. has 5 field goals made or more, and 100% of the time (6-0) when LaQuinton Ross has 5 rebounds or more.
- The Buckeyes have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 4 games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--OSU has a 22.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Amir Williams recorded a team season high in blocks with 6.
- Aaron Craft tallied a team season high in free throws attempted with 10.
- Deshaun Thomas has led the team in scoring 15 times and in rebounding 9 times in 18 games this season.
- Deshaun Thomas has 18 straight double-digit point games.
Iowa Game Notes
- The top two rebounders (Melsahn Basabe and Aaron White) accounted for 42.5% of the rebounds.
- Aaron White has led the team in scoring 11 times in 19 games this season.
- Melsahn Basabe has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 19 games this season.
- Melsahn Basabe recorded the 13th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Aaron White has 4 straight double-digit point games.
|B+||L. Smith Jr.||32||12||6||2||1||1||2|