(14) Ohio State 72
(14-4, 12-1 home)
Venue: Value City Arena
6:30PM ET / 3:30PM PT, January 22, 2013
||R Devyn Marble 14
||A White 6
||A Clemmons 4
||D Thomas 20
||D Thomas 6
||A Craft 4
Iowa dropped one to No. 14 Ohio State 72-63 in conference play on Tuesday, January 22nd. With the loss, the Hawkeyes stay winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-4 for the season. Aaron White got a team-high 13 points plus seven rebounds for the Hawkeyes. Zach McCabe had eight points and added two rebounds. For the Buckeyes, Deshaun Thomas got a game-high 16 points and seven rebounds. Next up for Iowa (13-6, 2-4 Big Ten) is Purdue (10-8, 3-2 Big Ten) on Sunday, January 27th on the road.
Iowa Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:15 left to go.
- The last time Iowa started the season 13-6 was 2001.
- Iowa beat the spread by 2.5 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Hawkeyes have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, Iowa played 38 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 6-32.
- The Hawkeyes have lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after having a field goal percentage of 35.5% or worse.
- Iowa has lost 80% of the time this season (1-4) after recording 13 or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 51.9% or better this season, Iowa has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 72 or more total points this season, Iowa has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- When the opposition records 27 or more field goals made this season, Iowa has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- Iowa set a season low for blocks.
- The top two rebounders (Melsahn Basabe and Aaron White) accounted for 42.5% of the rebounds.
- Aaron White has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 19 games this season.
- Melsahn Basabe has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 19 games this season.
- Melsahn Basabe recorded the 13th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Aaron White has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Ohio State Game Notes
- Ohio State won, but did not cover the spread.
- Amir Williams recorded a team season high in blocks with 6.
- Aaron Craft tallied a team season high in free throws attempted with 10.
- Deshaun Thomas has led the team in scoring 15 times and in rebounding 9 times in 18 games this season.
- Deshaun Thomas has 18 straight double-digit point games.
|B+||L. Smith Jr.||32||12||6||2||1||1||2|