(12-7, 5-5 away)
(8-11, 6-2 home)
Venue: Alfond Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 22, 2013
||C Rugg 11
||B Voelkel 8
||B Voelkel 4
||J Edwards 17
||A Fraser 8
||X Pollard 4
On Tuesday, January 22nd, Vermont suffered a close loss to Maine 71-68 in conference play. The Catamounts were paced by Brian Voelkel, who put up six points and eight rebounds (6 Ast 3 Stl). Clancy Rugg also had a strong outing, scoring a career-high 21 points and adding six rebounds. Alasdair Fraser registered a double-double for the Black Bears with 20 points and 10 rebounds. Vermont (12-7, 5-2 America East) gets Albany (16-4, 5-1 America East) on the road on Saturday, January 26th.
Vermont Game Notes
- The Catamounts have been unlucky 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Vermont has lost 25 close games.
- UVM set season lows for blocks and total points.
- The Catamounts have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- Vermont has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- This is the 2nd loss of the season where the Catamounts opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Clancy Rugg accounted for 51.2% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Brian Voelkel and Ethan O`Day) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Clancy Rugg has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 19 games this season.
- Brian Voelkel has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 19 games this season.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Clancy Rugg's career.
- Clancy Rugg has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Clancy Rugg had career highs with 21 points and 7 field goals made.
Maine Game Notes
- The Black Bears won this one, but have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Maine has lost 21 close games.
- Justin Edwards accounted for 61.1% of the team's points.
- Mike Allison accounted for 30.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Justin Edwards has led the team in scoring 14 times in 19 games this season.
- Mike Allison has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 19 games this season.
- This marks the 9th 20-point game of Alasdair Fraser's career.
- Alasdair Fraser recorded a double-double. It was his 5th this season and 13th of his career.
- Alasdair Fraser set a career high with 8 assists.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Justin Edwards's career.
- Justin Edwards has 17 straight double-digit point games.
- Mike Allison recorded the 13th double-digit rebound game of his career.