|Washington State||B Motum 19.1||B Motum 6.5||R Woolridge 2.7|
|Oregon||D Dotson 11.9||A Kazemi 9.6||D Artis 3.8|
On Wednesday, No. 16 Oregon takes on Washington State. Tip-off is at 9:30 EST and you can see it on Pac-12 Network. The Ducks are 6-4 against the Cougars over the last four years. They won 78-69 on 2/11/2012 the last time they played.
Oregon is in 1st place in the conference, Washington State is in 10th place.
The Ducks got past UCLA 76-67 on January 19th with the help of 18 points from Tony Woods. He is averaging 11.3 points per game while also contributing a team-high 1.2 blocks per game. For the Cougars, Brock Motum finished with 13 points and 7 rebounds in the 58-49 loss to Colorado on January 19th. He leads the team in points with 19.1 per game, rebounds with 6.5 per game, and blocks with 0.9 per game.
Oregon appears to have a key statistical advantage over Washington State in one area, scoring, where the Ducks have an edge over the Cougars, 76 points per game to 63 points per game.
Washington State StatSmack
- The Oregon rebounding leader (Arsalan Kazemi) has more rebounds than the Washington State rebounding leader (Brock Motum).
- Oregon has a more potent offense, scoring more points (77.4 per game vs 64.0 per game) than Washington State this season.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Oregon has a stronger schedule than Washington State this season (SOS Rank: #231 vs #282).
- The Oregon steals leader (Arsalan Kazemi) has more steals than the Washington State steals leader (Mike Ladd).
- Oregon can actually jump, with more rebounds (41.1 per game vs 36.2 per game) than Washington State this season.
- The Oregon basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Washington State (79% vs 44%).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Oregon has come back to win after being down at half against Washington State 5 times since 1997.
- Even computers respect Oregon more. We have a better RPI this season than Washington State (RPI: #57 vs #189).
- We make our fans proud. Oregon has a better record at home than Washington State this season (10-0 vs 7-1).
- Oregon beat Washington State by 9 points the last time they played (Feb 11, 2012).
- Oregon players are more experienced than Washington State players (11,750 minutes played vs 8,921 minutes played).