St John's vs. Rutgers: Full Game Preview
|St John's||D Harrison 19.6||J Sampson 6.6||P Greene IV 2.8|
|Rutgers||E Carter 16.2||D Miller 5.9||D Miller 2.9|
St. John's visits Louis Brown Athletic Center on Wednesday to take on Rutgers. It starts at 7:30 EST and you can catch it on SNY, Big East Net, MASN2. The Red Storm fell to the Scarlet Knights 58-56 on January 9th and are 3-3 against them over the last four years.
St. John's is currently tied with Rutgers in the Big East in 5th place.
The 18 points by Jamal Branch helped the Red Storm to a 71-62 victory over DePaul on January 19th. While contributing 2.2 assists per game, he also scores 9.5 points per game. The Scarlet Knights were defeated by Notre Dame 69-66 on January 19th despite 7 points and 9 rebounds from Dane Miller. With 5.9 rebounds per game and 2.9 assists per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
- We just win. St. John's has more wins over the last 5 years than Rutgers (86 vs 75).
- The St. John's blocks leader (Chris Obekpa) has more blocks than the Rutgers blocks leader (Kadeem Jack).
- The St. John's steals leader (D`Angelo Harrison) has more steals than the Rutgers steals leader (Myles Mack).
- St. John's has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (0.583 to 0.461).
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 St. John's has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Rutgers (8 vs 3).
- Chris Obekpa is ranked 1st nationally in blocks.
- The St. John's three-point leader (D`Angelo Harrison) has more three-pointers than the Rutgers three-point leader (Myles Mack).
- JaKarr Sampson is ranked 10th in the Big East in rebounds and 8th in the Big East in blocks.
- The St. John's assist leader (Phil Greene IV) has more assists than the Rutgers assist leader (Eli Carter).
- St. John's is better under pressure, and has defeated Rutgers in 7 out of the last 9 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? St. John's currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (959 to 952) than Rutgers, per the NCAA.
|C+||Phil Greene IV||31||9||3||3||1||0||2|