|Xavier||S Christon 14.7||T Taylor 8.0||S Christon 5.1|
|Charlotte||C Braswell 11.5||W Clayton 7.3||P Henry 3.2|
Xavier visits Halton Arena on Wednesday to take on Charlotte. Tip-off occurs at 7:30 EST and you can catch it on FSN-OH. The Musketeers are 6-2 against the 49ers over the last four years. They won 72-63 on 3/3/2012 the last time they played.
Xavier is 1st in the conference and Charlotte is 4th. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
The Musketeers got past La Salle 70-63 on January 19th with the help of 18 points and 5 assists from Semaj Christon. The do-it-all performer chips in a team-leading 14.7 points per game, 5.1 assists per game, and 1.5 steals per game. The 49ers were defeated by Richmond 81-61 on January 19th despite 8 points and 6 rebounds from J.T. Thompson. He is averaging 4.9 points and 2.8 rebounds per game. A key area of strength for Charlotte is free throw rate at 43.4, which ranks 1st in their conference (and 26th nationally).
- The Xavier basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Charlotte (92% vs 67%).
- Xavier takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Charlotte (9 vs 2).
- At least you keep showing up. Xavier has an average margin of victory of 13 over Charlotte in 10 wins since 2005.
- AP voters think more highly of Xavier and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Charlotte (71 vs 4).
- People just expect us to beat you. Xavier has been the favorite 10 out of the last 10 times.
- It must sting. Xavier has blown out Charlotte by 20 points or more on 3 occasions since 2006.
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Xavier has had more players drafted by the NBA than Charlotte (5 vs 0).
- The Xavier assist leader (Semaj Christon) has more assists than the Charlotte assist leader (Pierra Henry).
- Xavier is better under pressure, and has defeated Charlotte in 3 out of the last 5 games decided by 5 points or fewer.