Fresno State vs. Boise State: Full Game Preview
|Fresno State||T Johnson 11.0||K Foster 6.6||T Johnson 1.8|
|Boise State||D Marks 17.0||R Watkins 7.6||D Marks 3.8|
On Wednesday, Boise State hosts Fresno State at Taco Bell Arena. It gets started at 8:00 EST. The Broncos are 5-3 against the Bulldogs over the last four years. They fell 72-59 on 1/2/2012, the last time they met.
Fresno State is in 9th place in the Mountain West and will be trying to close the gap with Boise State, who is currently in 7th place.
The Broncos fell 91-80 to Air Force on January 19th. Ryan Watkins finished with 24 points and 13 rebounds in the loss. He paces the team in rebounds per game with 7.6, and blocks per game with 0.6. For the Bulldogs, Tyler Johnson put up 16 points in the 68-61 loss to Nevada on January 19th. With 11.0 points per game and 1.8 assists per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Boise State has a statistical advantage in three significant areas. The Broncos have an edge in assists, 14 per game to nine per game. Additionally, Boise State has the advantage over Fresno State in scoring, 77 points per game to 60 points per game. Finally, the Broncos have the upper hand in field goal percentage as well, 48% to 39%.
Fresno State StatSmack
- The Boise State assist leader (Derrick Marks) has more assists than the Fresno State assist leader (Tyler Johnson).
- The Boise State basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Fresno State (75% vs 29%).
- Boise State is a better free-throw-shooting team (75.7% vs 68.0%) than Fresno State this season.
- Jeff Elorriaga is ranked 29th nationally in three-pointers.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Boise State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (956 to 926) than Fresno State, per the NCAA.
- Even computers respect Boise State more. We have a better RPI this season than Fresno State (RPI: #36 vs #213).
- Anthony Drmic is ranked 10th in the Mountain West in points and 5th in the Mountain West in three-pointers.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Boise State has come back to win after being down at half against Fresno State 4 times since 2001.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Boise State has a stronger schedule than Fresno State this season (SOS Rank: #185 vs #190).
- Boise State is a better shooting team (47.4% vs 40.0%) than Fresno State this season.
|C||Jerry Brown Jr||29||6||5||1||1||1||1|