Washington State vs. Oregon: Full Game Preview
|Washington State||B Motum 19.1||B Motum 6.5||R Woolridge 2.7|
|Oregon||D Dotson 11.9||A Kazemi 9.6||D Artis 3.8|
Washington State meets No. 16 Oregon on Wednesday. Tip-off occurs at 9:30 EST and you can catch it on Pac-12 Network. The Cougars are 4-6 against the Ducks over the last four years. They fell 78-69 on 2/11/2012, the last time they met.
Oregon maintains 1st place in the Pac 12 while Washington State sits at 10th place.
In their last match-up, Brock Motum finished with 13 points and 7 rebounds in the Cougars 58-49 loss against Colorado on January 19th. With 19.1 points per game, 6.5 rebounds per game, and 0.9 blocks per game, he leads the team in all three categories. For the Ducks, Dominic Artis put up 14 points and 6 assists in the 76-67 win over UCLA on January 19th. He averages 10.3 points per game in addition to a team-best 3.8 assists per game.
Oregon has an edge in a single key statistical category, scoring, where the Ducks have the upper hand over the Cougars, 76 points per game to 63 points per game. Oregon can be found near the top of the conference standings in the following categories: offensive rebounding percentage at 38.6 and defensive rebounding percentage at 73.4.
- Washington State has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Oregon ($31,111 vs $36,309).
- The Washington State scoring leader (Brock Motum) has more points than the Oregon scoring leader (Damyean Dotson).
- Washington State has a better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.557 to 0.537).
- We just win. Washington State has more wins over the last 5 years than Oregon (109 vs 98).
- Brock Motum is ranked 23rd nationally in points.
- Pullman isn't as congested as Eugene (population is significantly lower).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Washington State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (961 to 926) than Oregon, per the NCAA.
- Washington State is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Washington State is 78.1 inches compared to 76.9 inches for Oregon.
- At least you keep showing up. Washington State has an average margin of victory of 10 over Oregon in 25 wins since 1980.