Georgia Tech vs. North Carolina: Full Game Preview
|Georgia Tech||M Georges-Hunt 10.7||R Carter 6.7||M Udofia 3.1|
|North Carolina||J Michael McAdoo 14.7||J Michael McAdoo 8.2||M Paige 4.3|
North Carolina welcomes Georgia Tech to Dean E. Smith Center on Wednesday. The game tips off at 9:00 EST and you can see it on ESPN. The Tar Heels are 2-4 against the Yellow Jackets over the last four years. The last time they met (1/29/2012) they won 93-81.
North Carolina is in 4th place in the conference, Georgia Tech is in 12th place.
The 24 points and 5 rebounds by Reggie Bullock helped the Tar Heels to a 62-52 victory over Maryland on January 19th. He is averaging 14.1 points and 5.8 rebounds per game. For the Yellow Jackets, Chris Bolden finished with 20 points in the 73-57 loss to Duke on January 17th. He is averaging 5.9 points and 1.7 rebounds per game.
North Carolina looks to have the advantage over Georgia Tech in one significant area, scoring, where the Tar Heels have an edge over the Yellow Jackets, 78 points per game to 65 points per game.
Georgia Tech StatSmack
- The North Carolina basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Georgia Tech (88% vs 36%).
- At least you keep showing up. North Carolina has an average margin of victory of 13 over Georgia Tech in 45 wins since 1980.
- Reggie Bullock is ranked 2nd in the ACC in three-pointers and 8th in the ACC in steals.
- North Carolina waxed Georgia Tech by 12 points the last time they played (Jan 29, 2012).
- We just win. North Carolina has more wins over the last 5 years than Georgia Tech (161 vs 83).
- P.J. Hairston is ranked 8th in the ACC in three-pointers.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. North Carolina has a stronger schedule than Georgia Tech this season (SOS Rank: #44 vs #313).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. North Carolina has come back to win after being down at half against Georgia Tech 5 times since 1996.
- AP voters think more highly of North Carolina and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Georgia Tech (159 vs 46).
- Chapel Hill isn't as congested as Atlanta (population is significantly lower).
|D+||S. Poole, Jr.||10||3||3||1||0||0||0|