Butler vs. La Salle: Full Game Preview
|Butler||R Clarke 16.3||R Jones 5.7||R Jones 3.6|
|La Salle||R Galloway 17.0||J Wright 6.5||R Galloway 3.3|
On Wednesday, No. 9 Butler heads to Tom Gola Arena to take on La Salle. Tip-off is at 7:00 EST. The Bulldogs have not played the Explorers since the 1999-00 season, when they won 43-36.
Butler is 1st in the conference and La Salle is 5th. Both teams continue to jockey for position. Butler has won its last 13 games.
The 20 points and 5 rebounds by Roosevelt Jones helped the Bulldogs to a 64-63 victory over Gonzaga on January 19th. He leads the team with 5.7 rebounds per game and 3.6 assists per game. For the Explorers, Jerrell Wright finished with 8 points and 8 rebounds in the 70-63 loss to Xavier on January 19th. He averages 10.9 points per game in addition to a team-best 6.5 rebounds per game. When considering the Four Factors, La Salle performs well in turnover percentage at 17.2. This ranks 2nd in the conference and 29th in the country.
La Salle StatSmack
- The Butler scoring leader (Rotnei Clarke) has more points than the La Salle scoring leader (Ramon Galloway).
- Butler beat La Salle by 7 points the last time they played (Dec 29, 1999).
- The Butler basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than La Salle (83% vs 60%).
- The Butler three-point leader (Rotnei Clarke) has more three-pointers than the La Salle three-point leader (Ramon Galloway).
- We beat real teams. Butler has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than La Salle this season (2 vs 0).
- We make our fans proud. Butler has a better record at home than La Salle this season (5-0 vs 5-1).
- We win when it counts, too. Butler has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than La Salle (15 vs 0).
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Butler is superior to La Salle (Latest AP Poll: #17 vs Not Ranked).
- Even computers respect Butler more. We have a better RPI this season than La Salle (RPI: #5 vs #47).
- Butler is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Butler is 208 lbs compared to 201 lbs for La Salle.
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Butler has had more players drafted by the NBA than La Salle (2 vs 0).