Mississippi State vs. Arkansas: Full Game Preview
|Mississippi State||J Steele 11.1||G Ware 7.1||T Bloodman 2.8|
|Arkansas||B Young 17.2||M Powell 5.6||B Young 4.1|
Arkansas welcomes Mississippi State to Bud Walton Arena on Wednesday. It gets started at 9:00 EST and it can be seen on CSS. The Razorbacks are 2-6 against the Bulldogs over the last four years. They fell 79-59 on 3/3/2012, the last time they met.
Mississippi State and Arkansas share the 6th spot in the conference.
In spite of 16 points from Marshawn Powell, the Razorbacks came up short 76-64 against Ole Miss on January 19th. On top of a team-high 5.6 rebounds per game, he also scores 15.2 points per game. For the Bulldogs, Fred Thomas finished with 14 points in the 72-57 loss to Tennessee on January 19th. He contributes 3.5 rebounds per game in addition to his 10.3 points per game.
Arkansas looks to have the advantage in three significant areas. The Razorbacks have the upper hand over the Bulldogs in assists, 15 per game to nine per game. Arkansas also doesn't turn the ball over as often, giving up 11 per game to their 17 per game. Finally, the Razorbacks have the upper hand in scoring as well, 78 points per game to 61 points per game.
Mississippi State StatSmack
- B.J. Young is ranked 6th in the SEC in points and 5th in the SEC in assists.
- Arkansas is a better shooting team (45.8% vs 39.5%) than Mississippi State this season.
- Arkansas has a more potent offense, scoring more points (82.7 per game vs 60.0 per game) than Mississippi State this season.
- Arkansas is a better three-point shooting team (31.7% vs 24.2%) than Mississippi State this season.
- Even computers respect Arkansas more. We have a better RPI this season than Mississippi State (RPI: #111 vs #272).
- It's only wins and losses, but Arkansas has a better overall record than Mississippi State this season (8-4 vs 4-7).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Arkansas has a stronger schedule than Mississippi State this season (SOS Rank: #110 vs #234).
- Hunter Mickelson is ranked 6th in the SEC in blocks.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Arkansas has come back to win after being down at half against Mississippi State 8 times since 1997.
- At least you keep showing up. Arkansas has an average margin of victory of 13 over Mississippi State in 23 wins since 1991.
- The Arkansas scoring leader (B.J. Young) has more points than the Mississippi State scoring leader (Roquez Johnson).