Delaware vs. James Madison: Full Game Preview
|Delaware||D Saddler 19.7||J Hagins 11.7||J Threatt 3.0|
|James Madison||R Goins 14.3||R Goins 7.5||D Moore 4.4|
Delaware visits JMU Convocation Center on Wednesday to take on James Madison. The game tips off at 7:00 EST and you can see it on CSN-MA, PHI, NE. The Fightin' Blue Hens are 2-2 against the Dukes over the last four years. The last time they met (2/4/2012) they won 85-80.
James Madison is in 6th place in the conference and will be trying to close the gap with 4th place Delaware.
In their last outing, despite 21 points and 7 assists from Jarvis Threatt, the Fightin' Blue Hens fell to Northeastern 74-70 on January 19th. He paces the team in assists per game with 3.0, and steals per game with 1.8. For the Dukes, Alioune Diouf put up 11 points in the 73-47 loss to Towson on January 19th. He contributes 4.0 rebounds per game in addition to his 5.8 points per game. From a tempo-free perspective, James Madison is strong in turnover percentage at 18.5. This is good enough for 1st in the conference and 77th in the nation.
James Madison StatSmack
- Delaware has a much better NCSA Academic Ranking than James Madison (#68 vs #104).
- The Delaware scoring leader (Devon Saddler) has more points than the James Madison scoring leader (Rayshawn Goins).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Delaware has a stronger schedule than James Madison this season (SOS Rank: #60 vs #256).
- Delaware beat James Madison by 5 points the last time they played (Feb 04, 2012).
- Devon Saddler is ranked 25th nationally in points, 4th in the CAA in three-pointers, and 4th in the CAA in assists.
- Delaware is better at defending the three (34.0% allowed vs 39.3% allowed) than James Madison this season.
- The Delaware blocks leader (Jamelle Hagins) has more blocks than the James Madison blocks leader (Andre Nation).
- Delaware has a better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (0.490 to 0.449).
- Kyle Anderson is ranked 5th in the CAA in three-pointers.
- Even computers respect Delaware more. We have a better RPI this season than James Madison (RPI: #153 vs #225).