East Carolina vs. UAB: Full Game Preview
|East Carolina||M Kemp 17.8||R Sampson 9.3||M Paul 5.7|
|UAB||R Rucker 14.1||R Rucker 8.2||T Jones 4.0|
UAB hosts East Carolina at Bartow Arena on Wednesday. Tip-off is at 8:00 EST. The Blazers are 5-2 against the Pirates over the last four years. They won 61-57 on 2/25/2012 the last time they played.
UAB is in 11th place in the conference, East Carolina is in 7th place.
In their last outing, despite 15 points from Terence Jones, the Blazers fell to Southern Miss 74-59 on January 19th. He leads the team in assists per game with 4.0 while also putting up 10.4 points per game. For the Pirates, Robert Sampson put up 10 points and 17 rebounds in the 77-56 loss to Marshall on January 19th. With 9.3 rebounds per game and 1.8 blocks per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. From a tempo-free perspective, East Carolina is strong in turnover percentage at 17.2. This is good enough for 1st in the conference and 29th in the nation.
East Carolina StatSmack
- The UAB assist leader (Terence Jones) has more assists than the East Carolina assist leader (Miguel Paul).
- UAB has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (0.649 to 0.395).
- Jordan Swing is ranked 9th in C-USA in points and 3rd in C-USA in three-pointers.
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, UAB has had more players drafted by the NBA than East Carolina (2 vs 0).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. UAB has come back to win after being down at half against East Carolina 3 times since 2001.
- At least you keep showing up. UAB has an average margin of victory of 10 over East Carolina in 12 wins since 2001.
- Rod Rucker is ranked 9th in C-USA in rebounds.
- Diaper Dandies love us. UAB has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than East Carolina (2 vs 0).
- We make our fans proud. UAB has a better record at home than East Carolina this season (7-0 vs 7-1).
- UAB is better under pressure, and has defeated East Carolina in 3 out of the last 5 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Even computers respect UAB more. We have a better RPI this season than East Carolina (RPI: #130 vs #209).