|Duke||M Plumlee 17.4||M Plumlee 11.5||Q Cook 6.1|
|Miami||D Scott 13.8||R Johnson 10.1||S Larkin 3.9|
No. 1 Duke heads to BankUnited Center on Wednesday to take on No. 25 Miami (FL). Tip-off is at 7:00 EST and it can be seen on ESPN. The Blue Devils are 5-1 against the Hurricanes over the last four years. They fell 78-74 on 2/5/2012, the last time they met.
Miami (FL) and Duke are close in the ACC, holding down 1st and 3rd place, respectively.
In a 73-57 beatdown of Georgia Tech on January 17th, Seth Curry put up 24 points for the Blue Devils. He is putting up 16.9 points per game while also averaging 2.0 rebounds per game. For the Hurricanes, Shane Larkin finished with 7 points and 6 rebounds in the 60-59 win over Boston College on January 16th. With 3.9 assists per game and 2.3 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Duke has a statistical advantage over Miami (FL) in one significant category, scoring, where the Blue Devils have an edge over the Hurricanes, 78 points per game to 67 points per game. Miami (FL) ranks 2nd in their conference in turnover percentage at 16.6, which also places them 15th in the country.
Miami (FL) StatSmack
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Duke has come back to win after being down at half against Miami 4 times since 2005.
- It's only wins and losses, but Duke has a better overall record than Miami this season (12-0 vs 8-3).
- Ryan Kelly is ranked 3rd in the ACC in blocks.
- Duke has a much better NCSA Power Ranking than Miami (#3 vs #84).
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Duke has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Miami (36 vs 3).
- It must sting. Duke has blown out Miami by 20 points or more on 4 occasions since 2004.
- The Duke rebounding leader (Mason Plumlee) has more rebounds than the Miami rebounding leader (Kenny Kadji).
- Diaper Dandies love us. Duke has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Miami (54 vs 2).
- At least you keep showing up. Duke has an average margin of victory of 14 over Miami in 15 wins since 1985.
- Duke has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (0.829 to 0.562).
- Tyler Thornton is ranked 3rd in the ACC in steals.