|NC State||C Leslie 15.4||R Howell 10.6||L Brown 6.8|
|Wake Forest||T McKie 15.3||T McKie 8.2||C Miller-McIntyre 2.8|
No. 14 NC State visits Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum on Tuesday to take on Wake Forest. Tip-off is at 7:00 EST and you can see it on RSN or ESPN3.com. The Wolfpack are 6-2 against the Demon Deacons over the last four years. They won 87-76 on 2/4/2012 the last time they played.
NC State is in 2nd place in the conference, Wake Forest is in 8th place.
The 21 points and 6 rebounds by T.J. Warren helped the Wolfpack to a 66-62 victory over Clemson on January 20th. He contributes 3.7 rebounds per game in addition to his 12.1 points per game. The Demon Deacons were defeated by Virginia Tech 66-65 on January 19th despite 20 points and 15 rebounds from Travis McKie. He puts up a team-leading 15.3 points per game, 8.2 rebounds per game, and 1.6 steals per game.
Digging into season numbers, NC State has the advantage in one key category, scoring, where the Wolfpack have an edge over the Demon Deacons, 78 points per game to 67 points per game. Wake Forest will hope to exploit their strength in free throw rate in this matchup. Their mark of 44.8 in this area ranks 1st in the conference and 19th in the country.
Wake Forest StatSmack
- The NC State scoring leader (C.J. Leslie) has more points than the Wake Forest scoring leader (C.J. Harris).
- The NC State steals leader (Lorenzo Brown) has more steals than the Wake Forest steals leader (Madison Jones).
- The NC State rebounding leader (Richard Howell) has more rebounds than the Wake Forest rebounding leader (Travis McKie).
- Scott Wood is ranked 1st in the ACC in three-pointers.
- NC State is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on NC State is 78.2 inches compared to 77.1 inches for Wake Forest.
- NC State has a better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.585 to 0.522).
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that NC State is superior to Wake Forest (Latest AP Poll: #23 vs Not Ranked).
- T.J. Warren is ranked 10th in the ACC in points.
- The NC State three-point leader (Scott Wood) has more three-pointers than the Wake Forest three-point leader (C.J. Harris).
- At least you keep showing up. NC State has an average margin of victory of 10 over Wake Forest in 35 wins since 1980.
- NC State is a better shooting team (53.5% vs 46.2%) than Wake Forest this season.
|D+||Thomas de Thaey||9||5||2||0||0||0||0|
|D+||A. Adala Moto||15||5||4||0||1||0||1|
|D+||A. Roundtree III||12||3||2||1||1||1||1|