|Louisville||R Smith 19.3||G Dieng 10.2||P Siva 5.7|
|Villanova||J Pinkston 13.3||M Yarou 5.9||R Arcidiacono 3.3|
No. 1 Louisville takes on Villanova on Tuesday. It gets started at 8:00 EST and it can be seen on WHAS, PHL17, MASN. The Cardinals are 3-2 against the Wildcats over the last four years. They won 84-74 on 1/25/2012 the last time they played.
Villanova is in 9th place in the conference and Louisville is in 2nd place.
In their last outing, despite 25 points from Russ Smith, the Cardinals fell to Syracuse 70-68 on January 19th. He paces the team in points per game with 19.3, and steals per game with 2.4. The Wildcats were defeated by Providence 69-66 on January 19th despite 20 points from JayVaughn Pinkston. His 13.3 points per game is the highest mark on the team.
Louisville has an advantage in a single key statistical area, scoring, where the Cardinals have an edge over the Wildcats, 76 points per game to 69 points per game. Villanova ranks 1st in their conference in free throw rate at 51.4, which also places them 1st in the country.
- Louisville has a better scoring defense (57.2 allowed per game vs 66.2 allowed per game) than Villanova this season.
- Louisville takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Villanova (9 vs 7).
- We just win. Louisville has more wins over the last 5 years than Villanova (145 vs 120).
- At least you keep showing up. Louisville has an average margin of victory of 9 over Villanova in 6 wins since 1989.
- Louisville waxed Villanova by 10 points the last time they played (Jan 25, 2012).
- We make our fans proud. Louisville has a better record at home than Villanova this season (7-0 vs 5-2).
- It's only wins and losses, but Louisville has a better overall record than Villanova this season (12-1 vs 9-4).
- Diaper Dandies love us. Louisville has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Villanova (19 vs 12).
- Be afraid. Louisville has blown out more teams than Villanova this season (8 blowouts vs 2).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Louisville has a stronger schedule than Villanova this season (SOS Rank: #27 vs #164).
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Louisville is superior to Villanova (Latest AP Poll: #4 vs Not Ranked).
|C||S. Van Treese||13||2||4||0||1||0||0|