Andrew Fielding-USA TODAY Sports
- Georgia wide receiver Tavarres King impressed with exceptional speed at the South practice. He's turning heads.
- UCLA running back Jonathan Franklin came in bigger than expected (5'10", 201 pounds) and showed off great burst when hitting the open field. He's fun to watch.
- Kyle Long, son of Howie and brother of Chris, lined up for the first time in his life at right tackle. He looked good, but uncomfortable. The word on Kyle is that he'll move around this week to find his fit.
- USC safety T.J. McDonald is an impressive specimen who has a chance to really move up my board this week if he can show better coverage skills. His range and tackling ability are there.
- Eric Fisher has moved into the top 15 on most mock drafts, and he's living up to that reputation so far this week. Fisher looked great at weigh-in with a lean, athletic build. He looked quick on the field, too.
- Notably absent are Geno Smith, Matt Barkley and Star Lotulelei. Barkley is injured, while Lotulelei and Smith chose not to attend.