South Carolina vs. Missouri: Full Game Preview
|South Carolina||B Williams 12.0||L Jackson 7.4||E Smith 3.7|
|Missouri||L Bowers 16.8||A Oriakhi 8.2||P Pressey 7.2|
No. 17 Missouri hosts South Carolina at Mizzou Arena on Tuesday. The game gets underway at 7:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN U.
Missouri is currently in 5th place in the SEC and South Carolina is in 10th.
In their last outing, despite 16 points from Jabari Brown, the Tigers fell to Florida 83-52 on January 19th. He contributes 4.0 rebounds per game in addition to his 14.1 points per game. For the Gamecocks, Lakeem Jackson finished with 6 points and 10 rebounds in the 58-51 loss to Vanderbilt on January 19th. He is averaging 9.6 points per game in addition to a team-best 7.4 rebounds per game. South Carolina ranks 1st in their conference in offensive rebounding percentage at 42.6, which also places them 2nd in the country.
South Carolina StatSmack
- Missouri has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than South Carolina ($30,193 vs $34,062).
- Missouri can actually jump, with more rebounds (47.3 per game vs 38.6 per game) than South Carolina this season.
- Laurence Bowers is ranked 4th in the SEC in points, 8th in the SEC in rebounds, and 9th in the SEC in blocks.
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Missouri is superior to South Carolina (Latest AP Poll: #12 vs Not Ranked).
- The Missouri steals leader (Phil Pressey) has more steals than the South Carolina steals leader (Brenton Williams).
- Missouri is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Missouri is 78.5 inches compared to 75.6 inches for South Carolina.
- Phil Pressey is ranked 8th nationally in assists and 5th in the SEC in steals.
- Even computers respect Missouri more. We have a better RPI this season than South Carolina (RPI: #38 vs #258).
- We beat real teams. Missouri has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than South Carolina this season (2 vs 0).
- The Missouri scoring leader (Laurence Bowers) has more points than the South Carolina scoring leader (Brenton Williams).