|Louisville||R Smith 19.3||G Dieng 10.2||P Siva 5.7|
|Villanova||J Pinkston 13.3||M Yarou 5.9||R Arcidiacono 3.3|
Villanova takes on No. 5 Louisville on Tuesday. It takes place at 8:00 EST and you can see it on WHAS, PHL17, MASN. The Wildcats are 2-3 against the Cardinals over the last four years. They lost 84-74 the last time they played (1/25/2012).
Villanova is in 10th place in the conference, Louisville is in 2nd place.
In their last game, JayVaughn Pinkston put up 20 points in the Wildcats 69-66 loss to Providence on January 19th. His 13.3 points per game is the highest mark on the team. For the Cardinals, Gorgui Dieng finished with 4 points and 8 rebounds in the 70-68 loss to Syracuse on January 19th. He leads the team in rebounds with 10.2 per game and blocks with 2.5 per game.
Louisville has an edge in a single key statistical category, scoring, where the Cardinals have the upper hand over the Wildcats, 76 points per game to 69 points per game.
- The Villanova blocks leader (Maurice Sutton) has more blocks than the Louisville blocks leader (Gorgui Dieng).
- At least you keep showing up. Villanova has an average margin of victory of 7 over Louisville in 6 wins since 1989.
- The Villanova basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Louisville (100% vs 50%).
- Villanova is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Villanova is 221 lbs compared to 210 lbs for Louisville.
- Ryan Arcidiacono is ranked 3rd in the Big East in three-pointers.
- The Villanova three-point leader (Ryan Arcidiacono) has more three-pointers than the Louisville three-point leader (Russ Smith).
- James Bell is ranked 10th in the Big East in three-pointers.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Villanova currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (978 to 965) than Louisville, per the NCAA.
- Louisville has to pay up to win. The coach for Villanova has a much lower base salary than Louisville ($1,983,769 vs $2,250,000).
|C||S. Van Treese||13||2||4||0||1||0||0|