Kansas vs. Kansas State: Full Game Preview
|Kansas||B McLemore 16.4||J Withey 8.2||E Johnson 5.0|
|Kansas State||R McGruder 15.5||T Gipson 5.9||A Rodriguez 4.6|
No. 11 Kansas State plays host to No. 3 Kansas at Bramlage Coliseum on Tuesday. It takes place at 8:00 EST and you can catch it on Big 12 Network. The Wildcats are 1-8 against the Jayhawks over the last four years. They fell 59-53 on 2/13/2012, the last time they met.
Both teams share 1st place in the conference.
In their last match-up, Rodney McGruder finished with 20 points in the Wildcats 69-60 victory over Oklahoma on January 19th. He leads the team with 15.5 points per game. For the Jayhawks, Jeff Withey finished with 14 points and 9 rebounds in the 64-59 win over Texas on January 19th. He leads the team in rebounds with 8.2 per game and blocks with 4.6 per game.
Reviewing current performance metrics, Kansas has an edge in one significant category, scoring, where the Jayhawks have the upper hand over the Wildcats, 76 points per game to 69 points per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Kansas is strong in effective field goal percentage at 53.7. This is good enough for 1st in the conference and 28th in the nation.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Kansas State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (960 to 1000) than Kansas, per the NCAA.
- At least you keep showing up. Kansas State has an average margin of victory of 8 over Kansas in 15 wins since 1980.
- Thomas Gipson is ranked 9th in the Big 12 in rebounds.
- Kansas State is better at defending the three (26.4% allowed vs 30.9% allowed) than Kansas this season.
- Kansas State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Kansas State is 215 lbs compared to 205 lbs for Kansas.
- Kansas State players are more experienced than Kansas players (12,488 minutes played vs 10,466 minutes played).
- Rodney McGruder is ranked 5th in the Big 12 in points.
- Will Spradling is ranked 7th in the Big 12 in three-pointers and 9th in the Big 12 in assists.
- Angel Rodriguez is ranked 8th in the Big 12 in assists.
|C||A. White III||6||3||2||0||0||0||1|