|Pittsburgh||T Zanna 11.8||S Adams 6.1||T Woodall 5.5|
|Providence||B Cotton 21.8||L Henton 8.2||V Council 6.5|
On Tuesday, Providence plays host to Pittsburgh at Dunkin' Donuts Center. Tip-off is at 7:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN2. The Friars are 1-3 against the Panthers over the last four years. They lost 86-74 the last time they played (1/25/2012).
Providence is 12th in the conference and Pittsburgh is 6th. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
In their last outing, behind 24 points from Bryce Cotton, the Friars defeated Villanova 69-66 on January 19th. He leads the team in scoring average, scoring 21.8 points per contest. For the Panthers, Lamar Patterson finished with 14 points and 5 assists in the 69-61 win over Connecticut on January 19th. He is averaging 9.6 points per game in addition to a team-best 1.3 steals per game.
Pittsburgh has a statistical edge over Providence in a single key area, turnovers, where the Panthers have the upper hand over the Friars, nine per game to 14 per game. Pittsburgh sits near the top of the conference standings in the following categories: turnover percentage at 16.2, offensive rebounding percentage at 41.5, and effective field goal percentage at 53.6.
- Kadeem Batts is ranked 6th in the Big East in rebounds.
- At least you keep showing up. Providence has an average margin of victory of 10 over Pittsburgh in 16 wins since 1982.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Providence has a stronger schedule than Pittsburgh this season (SOS Rank: #202 vs #219).
- How does our back look? Providence is ranked higher than Pittsburgh in the Big East (#3 vs #14).
- The Providence three-point leader (Bryce Cotton) has more three-pointers than the Pittsburgh three-point leader (Tray Woodall).
- Providence is better at defending the three (26.0% allowed vs 31.4% allowed) than Pittsburgh this season.
- Providence has a much better NCSA Power Ranking than Pittsburgh (#41 vs #65).
- LaDontae Henton is ranked 9th in the Big East in points and 5th in the Big East in rebounds.
- The Providence scoring leader (Bryce Cotton) has more points than the Pittsburgh scoring leader (Talib Zanna).