South Carolina vs. Missouri: Full Game Preview
|South Carolina||B Williams 12.0||L Jackson 7.4||E Smith 3.7|
|Missouri||L Bowers 16.8||A Oriakhi 8.2||P Pressey 7.2|
South Carolina travels to Mizzou Arena on Tuesday to take on No. 17 Missouri. It starts at 7:00 EST and you can see it on ESPN U.
Missouri is in 5th place in the conference and South Carolina is in 10th place.
The Gamecocks were defeated by Vanderbilt 58-51 on January 19th despite 16 points from Brenton Williams. He leads the team in scoring average, scoring 12.0 points per contest. For the Tigers, Tony Criswell finished with 8 points and 5 rebounds in the 83-52 loss to Florida on January 19th. He is averaging 6.4 points and 4.9 rebounds per game. One category in which Missouri is especially proficient is offensive rebounding percentage at 40.1, ranking 2nd in their conference (and 13th nationally).
- Lakeem Jackson is ranked 4th in the SEC in rebounds.
- South Carolina has a much better Kiplinger In-State Ranking than Missouri (#42 vs #75).
- South Carolina has a much lower admission rate (more selective) according to Kiplinger (64% vs 83%).
- Brenton Williams is ranked 8th in the SEC in three-pointers.
- South Carolina has a much better Kiplinger Out-of-State Ranking than Missouri (#55 vs #76).
- Eric Smith is ranked 3rd in the SEC in assists.
- The South Carolina three-point leader (Brenton Williams) has more three-pointers than the Missouri three-point leader (Phil Pressey).
- South Carolina allows fewer rebounds (28.4 allowed per game vs 33.2 allowed per game) than Missouri this season.
- Missouri has been ducking South Carolina for over 30 years.