|Tulane||J Davis 17.5||J Davis 10.3||R Tarrant 2.6|
|Memphis||J Jackson 13.7||D Stephens 6.5||J Jackson 4.5|
Memphis hosts Tulane at FedEx Forum on Tuesday. The game gets underway at 8:00 EST and you can catch it on FSN-SO or SportsSouth. The Tigers are 5-0 against the Green Wave over the last four years. The last time they met (2/15/2012) they won 82-64.
Tulane is in 8th place in the C-USA and Memphis is in 1st place.
In their last match-up, Chris Crawford finished with 13 points in the Tigers 60-50 victory over Harvard on January 19th. He is averaging 6.4 points and 3.4 rebounds per game. In a 75-72 victory over Tulsa on January 19th, Josh Davis put up 19 points and 11 rebounds for the Green Wave. He leads the team in points with 17.5 per game, rebounds with 10.3 per game, and blocks with 0.8 per game.
There is a single key statistical area where Memphis can exploit Tulane, scoring, where the Tigers have an edge over the Green Wave, 73 points per game to 66 points per game. Tulane can be found near the top of the conference standings in the following categories: free throw rate at 45.7 and defensive rebounding percentage at 73.0.
- Joe Jackson is ranked 6th in C-USA in assists.
- We win when it counts, too. Memphis has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than Tulane (14 vs 0).
- Memphis is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Memphis is 212 lbs compared to 203 lbs for Tulane.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Memphis has a stronger schedule than Tulane this season (SOS Rank: #145 vs #338).
- D.J. Stephens is ranked 6th in C-USA in blocks.
- It must sting. Memphis has blown out Tulane by 20 points or more on 12 occasions since 1999.
- Even computers respect Memphis more. We have a better RPI this season than Tulane (RPI: #102 vs #147).
- We're a talent magnet. Since 1998 Memphis has recruited more Top 10 high school players than Tulane (5 vs 0).
- Memphis takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Tulane (8 vs 0).
- Memphis embarrassed Tulane by 18 points the last time they played (Feb 15, 2012).
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Memphis has had more players drafted by the NBA than Tulane (10 vs 0).