|NC State||C Leslie 15.4||R Howell 10.6||L Brown 6.8|
|Wake Forest||T McKie 15.3||T McKie 8.2||C Miller-McIntyre 2.8|
Wake Forest plays host to No. 18 NC State at Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum on Tuesday. Tip-off occurs at 7:00 EST and you can catch it on RSN or ESPN3.com. The Demon Deacons are 2-6 against the Wolfpack over the last four years. They lost 87-76 the last time they played (2/4/2012).
NC State maintains 2nd place in the ACC while Wake Forest sits at 8th place.
In their last outing, despite 20 points and 15 rebounds from Travis McKie, the Demon Deacons fell to Virginia Tech 66-65 on January 19th. An integral part of the team, he leads the way in points (15.3), rebounds (8.2), and steals (1.6). For the Wolfpack, Richard Howell finished with 11 points and 12 rebounds in the 66-62 win over Clemson on January 20th. He is averaging 12.6 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 10.6 per game.
Reviewing current performance metrics, NC State has an edge in one significant category, scoring, where the Wolfpack have the upper hand over the Demon Deacons, 78 points per game to 67 points per game. The Four Factors in which NC State stands out are effective field goal percentage at 55.9 and free throw rate at 43.6.
NC State StatSmack
- Wake Forest has a better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (0.627 to 0.560).
- AP voters think more highly of Wake Forest and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than NC State (79 vs 46).
- Wake Forest has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than NC State according to Kiplinger (84.6% vs 37%).
- The Wake Forest basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than NC State (100% vs 60%).
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Wake Forest has had more players drafted by the NBA than NC State (5 vs 3).
- Wake Forest has a much lower admission rate (more selective) according to Kiplinger (38% vs 55%).
- At least you keep showing up. Wake Forest has an average margin of victory of 10 over NC State in 37 wins since 1980.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Wake Forest has come back to win after being down at half against NC State 3 times since 2001.
- Devin Thomas is ranked 8th in the ACC in blocks.
- Travis McKie is ranked 8th in the ACC in rebounds and 8th in the ACC in steals.
|D+||Thomas de Thaey||9||5||2||0||0||0||0|
|D+||A. Adala Moto||15||5||4||0||1||0||1|
|D+||A. Roundtree III||12||3||2||1||1||1||1|