Kansas vs. Kansas State: Full Game Preview
|Kansas||B McLemore 16.4||J Withey 8.2||E Johnson 5.0|
|Kansas State||R McGruder 15.5||T Gipson 5.9||A Rodriguez 4.6|
On Tuesday, No. 3 Kansas visits Bramlage Coliseum to take on No. 11 Kansas State. Tip-off is at 8:00 EST and you can see it on Big 12 Network. The Jayhawks are 8-1 against the Wildcats over the last four years. They won 59-53 on 2/13/2012 the last time they played.
Both teams share 1st place in the Big 12.
In a 64-59 triumph over Texas on January 19th, Ben McLemore put up 16 points and 6 rebounds for the Jayhawks. At 16.4, he paces the team in points per game. For the Wildcats, Angel Rodriguez finished with 12 points and 9 assists in the 69-60 win over Oklahoma on January 19th. With 4.6 assists per game and 1.3 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Digging into season numbers, Kansas has the advantage in one key category, scoring, where the Jayhawks have an edge over the Wildcats, 76 points per game to 69 points per game. One category in which Kansas State is especially proficient is offensive rebounding percentage at 41.0, ranking 1st in their conference (and 8th nationally).
Kansas State StatSmack
- AP voters think more highly of Kansas and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Kansas State (184 vs 48).
- Kansas is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Kansas is 78.2 inches compared to 76.4 inches for Kansas State.
- We just win. Kansas has more wins over the last 5 years than Kansas State (175 vs 128).
- Kansas is a better free-throw-shooting team (73.7% vs 65.2%) than Kansas State this season.
- Kansas has a more potent offense, scoring more points (78.4 per game vs 69.5 per game) than Kansas State this season.
- Kansas has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (0.827 to 0.566).
- You get an A for effort, but Kansas has emerged victorious against Kansas State the last 2 times they've played.
- At least you keep showing up. Kansas has an average margin of victory of 13 over Kansas State in 67 wins since 1980.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Kansas has a stronger schedule than Kansas State this season (SOS Rank: #4 vs #219).
- Elijah Johnson is ranked 5th in the Big 12 in assists.
- We're a talent magnet. Since 1998 Kansas has recruited more Top 10 high school players than Kansas State (5 vs 1).
|C||A. White III||6||3||2||0||0||0||1|