|Georgetown||O Porter 14.3||O Porter 7.6||M Starks 2.8|
|Notre Dame||J Cooley 15.1||J Cooley 10.7||E Atkins 6.7|
On Monday, Georgetown heads to Joyce Center to take on No. 20 Notre Dame. Tip-off occurs at 7:30 EST and you can see it on ESPN. The Hoyas are 1-3 against the Fighting Irish over the last four years. The last time they met (2/27/2012) they won 59-41.
Georgetown is 9th in the conference and Notre Dame is 5th. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
In spite of 21 points and 6 rebounds from Otto Porter, the Hoyas came up short 61-58 against South Florida on January 19th. With 14.3 points per game, 7.6 rebounds per game, and 1.9 steals per game, he leads the team in all three categories. For the Fighting Irish, Pat Connaughton put up 17 points and 5 rebounds in the 69-66 win over Rutgers on January 19th. He is averaging 9.2 points and 4.6 rebounds per game.
Notre Dame has a statistical edge over Georgetown in one specific area, scoring, where the Fighting Irish have the upper hand over the Hoyas, 74 points per game to 64 points per game. A key area of strength for Notre Dame is effective field goal percentage at 56.9, which ranks 1st in their conference (and 3rd nationally).
Notre Dame StatSmack
- Georgetown is better under pressure, and has defeated Notre Dame in 4 out of the last 6 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Georgetown has had more players drafted by the NBA than Notre Dame (6 vs 1).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Georgetown currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (960 to 1000) than Notre Dame, per the NCAA.
- Georgetown has a better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (0.693 to 0.610).
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Georgetown is superior to Notre Dame (Latest AP Poll: #15 vs #21).
- AP voters think more highly of Georgetown and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Notre Dame (108 vs 86).
- Even computers respect Georgetown more. We have a better RPI this season than Notre Dame (RPI: #40 vs #70).
- Georgetown embarrassed Notre Dame by 18 points the last time they played (Feb 27, 2012).
- Georgetown has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than Notre Dame (1 vs 0).
- We beat real teams. Georgetown had more wins against the RPI Top 50 than Notre Dame last season (8 vs 6).
- At least you keep showing up. Georgetown has an average margin of victory of 10 over Notre Dame in 15 wins since 1988.