Southern University vs. Alabama A&M: Full Game Preview
|Southern University||M Miller 16.9||B Moore 7.6||J Grace 3.3|
|Alabama A&M||D Tabb 12.6||D Tabb 8.9||J Crutcher 5.1|
On Monday, Southern University heads to Elmore Gym to take on Alabama A&M. The game tips off at 9:30 EST and it can be seen on ESPN U. The Jaguars are 3-5 against the Bulldogs over the last four years. The last time they met (2/18/2012) they won 72-65.
Southern University is currently in 1st place in the conference and Alabama A&M is in 5th. Southern University has won nine games straight.
In a 79-67 triumph over Alabama State on January 19th, Derick Beltran put up 20 points for the Jaguars. He is averaging 15.6 points per game and leads the team in steals with 1.5 per game. For the Bulldogs, Justin Wagner put up 7 points in the 69-59 loss to Alcorn State on January 19th. He contributes 0.7 rebounds per game in addition to his 2.6 points per game.
Alabama A&M StatSmack
- It's only wins and losses, but Southern University has a better overall record than Alabama A&M this season (6-6 vs 4-7).
- Southern University is a better three-point shooting team (33.6% vs 25.9%) than Alabama A&M this season.
- The Southern University steals leader (Derick Beltran) has more steals than the Alabama A&M steals leader (Green Hill).
- Derick Beltran is ranked 2nd in the SWAC in points, 3rd in the SWAC in three-pointers, and 4th in the SWAC in steals.
- Southern University beat Alabama A&M by 7 points the last time they played (Feb 18, 2012).
- Even computers respect Southern University more. We have a better RPI this season than Alabama A&M (RPI: #99 vs #278).
- Southern University is a better free-throw-shooting team (73.5% vs 66.0%) than Alabama A&M this season.
- Macolm Miller is ranked 5th in the SWAC in points, 10th in the SWAC in rebounds, 4th in the SWAC in three-pointers, and 4th in the SWAC in steals.
- You get an A for effort, but Southern University has emerged victorious against Alabama A&M the last 2 times they've played.
- Southern University has a better scoring defense (59.3 allowed per game vs 72.0 allowed per game) than Alabama A&M this season.
- Southern University is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Southern University is 200 lbs compared to 191 lbs for Alabama A&M.