|Loyola (MD)||D Cormier 17.4||A Winbush 6.8||R Williams 4.0|
|Fairfield||D Needham 14.1||A Sidibe 5.3||D Wade 3.9|
On Monday, Loyola (MD) visits Webster Bank Arena to take on Fairfield. It gets started at 7:00 EST. The Greyhounds beat the Stags 63-58 on January 11th and are 4-6 against them over the last four years.
Loyola (MD) is 4th in the conference and Fairfield is 7th. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
The Greyhounds got past Marist 72-58 on January 17th with the help of 19 points and 6 assists from Dylon Cormier. He leads the team with 17.4 points per game and 1.8 steals per game. For the Stags, Derek Needham put up 26 points and 6 rebounds in the 84-73 loss to Iona on January 18th. His 14.1 points per game is the highest mark on the team.
- Loyola is better at defending the three (27.6% allowed vs 33.3% allowed) than Fairfield this season.
- Jordan Latham is ranked 2nd in the MAAC in blocks.
- Loyola has a much better NCSA Athletic Ranking than Fairfield (#171 vs #236).
- Loyola has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Fairfield ($26,855 vs $51,880).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Loyola has come back to win after being down at half against Fairfield 3 times since 2010.
- Julius Brooks is ranked 9th in the MAAC in blocks.
- Loyola is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Loyola is 200 lbs compared to 189 lbs for Fairfield.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Loyola currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (966 to 961) than Fairfield, per the NCAA.
- Loyola beat Fairfield by 4 points the last time they played (Mar 05, 2012).
- Anthony Winbush is ranked 8th in the MAAC in rebounds.
- The Loyola scoring leader (Dylon Cormier) has more points than the Fairfield scoring leader (Derek Needham).