|Morgan State||D Jackson 15.1||A Hubbard 6.6||J Black 3.6|
|Norfolk State||P Williams 12.7||R Gaston 6.3||J Fuentes 5.5|
Norfolk State plays host to Morgan State at Joseph G. Echols Hall on Monday. Tip-off is at 8:00 EST. The Spartans are 4-4 against the Bears over the last four years. The last time they met (1/28/2012) they won 76-59.
Norfolk State is 1st in the conference and Morgan State is 4th. Both teams continue to jockey for position. Norfolk State has won its last four games.
The Spartans got past Coppin State 75-68 on January 19th with the help of 19 points from Malcom Hawkins. He is putting up 12.6 points per game while also averaging 2.8 rebounds per game. For the Bears, DeWayne Jackson put up 24 points and 6 rebounds in the 80-78 win over Hampton on January 19th. With 15.1 points per game and 2.5 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. Morgan State will hope to exploit their strengths, which include: offensive rebounding percentage at 38.1 and free throw rate at 41.9.
Morgan State StatSmack
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Norfolk State has come back to win after being down at half against Morgan State 5 times since 1998.
- It's only wins and losses, but Norfolk State has a better overall record than Morgan State this season (6-9 vs 3-7).
- The Norfolk State rebounding leader (Rashid Gaston) has more rebounds than the Morgan State rebounding leader (Anthony Hubbard).
- Norfolk State is better at defending the three (29.6% allowed vs 33.5% allowed) than Morgan State this season.
- The Norfolk State scoring leader (Malcom Hawkins) has more points than the Morgan State scoring leader (DeWayne Jackson).
- The Norfolk State assist leader (Jamel Fuentes) has more assists than the Morgan State assist leader (DeWayne Jackson).
- Rob Johnson is ranked 10th in the MEAC in rebounds.
- You get an A for effort, but Norfolk State has emerged victorious against Morgan State the last 4 times they've played.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Norfolk State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (926 to 899) than Morgan State, per the NCAA.
- Brandon Goode is ranked 9th in the MEAC in blocks.
|D||K. Lila-St. Rose||9||3||2||0||0||0||1|