Florida A&M vs. SC State: Full Game Preview
|Florida A&M||J Adams 14.2||M Abdul-Aleem 5.1||J Adams 3.1|
|SC State||M Hezekiah 13.5||M Hezekiah 8.1||K Toombs 5.2|
Florida A&M heads to SHM Memorial Center on Monday to take on South Carolina State. It gets started at 7:30 EST. The Rattlers are 2-6 against the Bulldogs over the last four years. They won 83-82 on 2/20/2012 the last time they played.
Florida A&M is in 10th place in the MEAC, South Carolina State is in 13th place. Florida A&M is struggling, currently on a eight-game losing streak.
In spite of 18 points from Jamie Adams, the Rattlers came up short 57-55 against Savannah State on January 19th. He contributes a team-leading 14.2 points per game, 3.1 assists per game, and 2.1 steals per game. For the Bulldogs, Khalif Toombs finished with 16 points and 5 rebounds in the 60-52 loss to Bethune-Cookman on January 19th. With 5.2 assists per game and 1.4 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
South Carolina State StatSmack
- The Florida A&M scoring leader (Jamie Adams) has more points than the South Carolina State scoring leader (Matthew Hezekiah).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Florida A&M has come back to win after being down at half against South Carolina State 6 times since 1996.
- The Florida A&M steals leader (Jamie Adams) has more steals than the South Carolina State steals leader (Khalif Toombs).
- Florida A&M beat South Carolina State by 1 point the last time they played (Feb 20, 2012).
- At least you keep showing up. Florida A&M has an average margin of victory of 7 over South Carolina State in 26 wins since 1980.
- Reggie Lewis is ranked 4th in the MEAC in three-pointers.
- Florida A&M is better under pressure, and has defeated South Carolina State in 6 out of the last 11 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Florida A&M has a more potent offense, scoring more points (71.4 per game vs 62.9 per game) than South Carolina State this season.
- Florida A&M is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Florida A&M is 205 lbs compared to 200 lbs for South Carolina State.
- How does our back look? Florida A&M is ranked higher than South Carolina State in the MEAC (#1 vs #8).
- You get an A for effort, but Florida A&M has emerged victorious against South Carolina State the last 2 times they've played.