(16-2, 5-0 away)
(11-8, 6-7 home)
Venue: Welsh-Ryan Arena
1:00PM ET / 10:00AM PT, January 20, 2013
||C Zeller 17
||C Zeller 8
||K Ferrell 4
||R Hearn 14
||J Swopshire 6
||D Sobolewski 4
Northwestern took a home loss to No. 2 Indiana 67-59 in conference play on Sunday, January 20th. With the loss, the Wildcats go to 1-3 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Reggie Hearn put up a game-high 22 points plus three rebounds in the Wildcats loss. Jared Swopshire had 13 points and added eight rebounds. Cody Zeller got a double-double for the Hoosiers with a team-high 21 points and 13 rebounds. Northwestern (11-8, 2-4 Big Ten) hosts ninth-ranked Minnesota (15-3, 3-2 Big Ten) on Wednesday, January 23rd.
Northwestern Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:36 left to go.
- The last time NU started the season 11-8 was 2006.
- NU beat the spread by 4.0 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Wildcats have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, NU played 43 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 7-36.
- Northwestern has lost 83% of the time this season (1-5) after recording 59 or fewer total points.
- The Wildcats have lost 78% of the time this season (2-7) after having a field goal percentage of 40.8% or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 47.6% or better this season, Northwestern has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 44.4% or better this season, Northwestern has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- NU set a season low for steals.
- The Wildcats have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- Northwestern has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--NU has a 1.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Reggie Hearn accounted for 37.2% of the team's points.
- Jared Swopshire accounted for 33.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Reggie Hearn has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 19 games this season.
- Jared Swopshire has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 19 games this season.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Reggie Hearn's career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Alex Marcotullio.
- Tre Demps has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Indiana Game Notes
- Indiana won, but did not cover the spread.
- Cody Zeller accounted for 31.3% of the team's points.
- Cody Zeller accounted for 36.1% of the team's rebounds.
- Cody Zeller has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 8 times in 18 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Cody Zeller's career.
- Cody Zeller has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Cody Zeller recorded a double-double. It was his 5th this season and 10th of his career.
- Christian Watford has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Victor Oladipo set a career high with 5 offensive rebounds.