Oklahoma State vs. Baylor: Full Game Preview
|Oklahoma State||M Brown 15.2||P Jurick 7.4||M Smart 4.4|
|Baylor||P Jackson 18.6||I Austin 8.6||P Jackson 6.1|
On Monday, Oklahoma State visits Ferrell Center to take on Baylor. It starts at 5:30 EST and you can see it on ESPN. The Cowboys are 3-5 against the Bears over the last four years. They fell 64-60 on 2/4/2012, the last time they met.
Oklahoma State is currently in 6th place in the Big 12 and Baylor is in 3rd place.
In their last game, Markel Brown put up 21 points and 6 assists in the Cowboys 79-45 romp of Texas Tech on January 19th. He leads the team with 15.2 points per game. For the Bears, Taurean Prince finished with 21 points and 15 rebounds in the 107-38 blowout of Hardin-Simmons on January 19th. He contributes 2.7 rebounds per game in addition to his 4.4 points per game. Baylor will hope to exploit their strength in turnover percentage in this matchup. Their mark of 17.8 in this area ranks 1st in the conference and 49th in the country.
- Le`Bryan Nash is ranked 8th in the Big 12 in points.
- The Oklahoma State steals leader (Marcus Smart) has more steals than the Baylor steals leader (Pierre Jackson).
- Oklahoma State has a better scoring defense (56.6 allowed per game vs 67.6 allowed per game) than Baylor this season.
- Oklahoma State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Oklahoma State is 216 lbs compared to 203 lbs for Baylor.
- Marcus Smart is ranked 4th in the Big 12 in assists, 16th nationally in steals, and 8th in the Big 12 in blocks.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Oklahoma State has come back to win after being down at half against Baylor 3 times since 2001.
- Oklahoma State has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (0.667 to 0.514).
- Oklahoma State does a better job contesting shots (36.8% allowed vs 42.8% allowed) than Baylor this season.
- Markel Brown is ranked 7th in the Big 12 in points.
- The Oklahoma State three-point leader (Phil Forte) has more three-pointers than the Baylor three-point leader (Pierre Jackson).
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Oklahoma State is superior to Baylor (Latest AP Poll: #22 vs Not Ranked).