|Alcorn State||M Baker 18.3||I Francis 4.6||L Luckett 2.5|
|Alabama State||J Freelove 12.2||S Brown 4.8||D McDaniel 3.8|
On Monday, Alabama State plays host to Alcorn State at Dunn-Oliver Acadome. It starts at 6:00 EST. The Hornets are 6-2 against the Braves over the last four years. They won 78-63 on 2/18/2012 the last time they played.
A win here would help close the gap with Alcorn State in the SWAC, who are in 3rd place and just above Alabama State in 5th place.
The Hornets were defeated by Southern University 79-67 on January 19th despite 15 points from Phillip Crawford. He contributes 3.0 rebounds per game in addition to his 9.5 points per game. For the Braves, LeAntwan Luckett put up 25 points and 7 rebounds in the 69-59 win over Alabama A&M on January 19th. He averages 12.4 points per game in addition to a team-best 2.5 assists per game.
Alcorn State StatSmack
- The Alabama State assist leader (Jamel Waters) has more assists than the Alcorn State assist leader (LeAntwan Luckett).
- Alabama State takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Alcorn State (3 vs 0).
- At least you keep showing up. Alabama State has an average margin of victory of 11 over Alcorn State in 36 wins since 1982.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Alabama State has come back to win after being down at half against Alcorn State 4 times since 1996.
- Alabama State is a better three-point shooting team (31.3% vs 27.2%) than Alcorn State this season.
- Jamel Waters is ranked 6th in the SWAC in assists and 4th in the SWAC in steals.
- Alabama State players are more experienced than Alcorn State players (7,285 minutes played vs 7,179 minutes played).
- The Alabama State rebounding leader (Luther Page) has more rebounds than the Alcorn State rebounding leader (Josh Nicholas).
- Luther Page is ranked 8th in the SWAC in rebounds and 6th in the SWAC in blocks.
- Alabama State has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.486 to 0.181).
- Alabama State embarrassed Alcorn State by 15 points the last time they played (Feb 18, 2012).