Oregon Football: Top 10 Things Chip Kelly Did for the Ducks
Because of the way Chip Kelly's departure came down, Oregon football fans never got to say a proper goodbye to the beloved Ducks' head coach.
In the spirit of helping all Ducks to move on and start concentrating on important things like new head coach Mark Helfrich and especially recruiting, let's take one quick look back at Kelly's legacy. Here are the top 10 things that Kelly did for Oregon:
10. Except for a few stubborn poll voters in the Deep South, the country now knows the difference between Oregon and Oregon State.
9. So many people bought into Win The Day, the Oregon men's basketball team is even winning.
8. Because of all the College GameDay appearances, people know the state's name is pronounced Or-E-Gun, not Or-E-Gone...except for Lou Holtz.
7. Kelly brought Sustainable Winning to a state that values sustainability.
6. People should get a second chance in life. Whether they deserve it or not (LeGarrette Blount, Jeremiah Masoli, Cliff Harris) is another story.
5. Thanks for the sunny winter escape for Oregon fans every January for the past four years.
4. Kelly proved once and for all that there is no "I" in "Team." A certain Los Angeles team might want to study the CliffsNotes on this one.
3. Three words: Soaring visor sales.
2. Leadership does not come cheap. Neither does the ability to turn boys into men.
1. It's always been cool to be a Duck; Kelly made it cooler.
Kay Jennings is a member of the Football Writers Association of America.
What is the duplicate article?
Why is this article offensive?
Where is this article plagiarized from?
Why is this article poorly edited?