Cincinnati vs. Syracuse: Full Game Preview
|Cincinnati||S Kilpatrick 18.3||T Rubles 6.1||C Wright 3.7|
|Syracuse||B Triche 14.6||C Fair 7.1||M Carter-Williams 9.3|
On Monday, No. 6 Syracuse welcomes Cincinnati at Carrier Dome. Tip-off is at 3:30 EST and you can catch it on ESPN. The Orange are 4-1 against the Bearcats over the last four years. They lost 71-68 the last time they played (3/9/2012).
Syracuse is 1st in the conference and Cincinnati is 4th. Both teams continue to jockey for position. Syracuse has won its last seven games.
The Orange got past Louisville 70-68 on January 19th with the help of 23 points and 6 rebounds from Brandon Triche. His 14.6 points per game is the highest mark on the team. For the Bearcats, Sean Kilpatrick put up 36 points in the 71-69 win over Marquette on January 19th. His 18.3 points per game is the highest mark on the team.
- Michael Carter-Williams is ranked 1st nationally in assists and 6th nationally in steals.
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Syracuse has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Cincinnati (22 vs 8).
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Syracuse is superior to Cincinnati (Latest AP Poll: #7 vs #14).
- At least you keep showing up. Syracuse has an average margin of victory of 12 over Cincinnati in 7 wins since 2005.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Syracuse has a stronger schedule than Cincinnati this season (SOS Rank: #118 vs #159).
- Syracuse has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than Cincinnati (1 vs 0).
- We win when it counts, too. Syracuse has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than Cincinnati (16 vs 5).
- Syracuse is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Syracuse is 220 lbs compared to 213 lbs for Cincinnati.
- Rakeem Christmas is ranked 32nd nationally in blocks.
- The only thing that matters. Syracuse has more NCAA Championships over the last 10 years than Cincinnati (1 vs 0).
- Syracuse is better at defending the three (26.4% allowed vs 29.6% allowed) than Cincinnati this season.
|D+||J. Davis III||11||6||3||1||0||0||1|