Texas Southern 63
(5-14, 2-11 away)
Venue: K.L. Johnson Complex
8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT, January 19, 2013
||O Strong 18
||A Clayborn 9
||R Penn 5
||D Broughton 20
||D Haynes 7
||L Jackson 6
Arkansas-Pine Bluff just barely slipped by Texas Southern 66-63 in conference action on Saturday, January 19th. Lazabian Jackson was exceptional for the Golden Lions and got 14 points and six rebounds (6 Ast 4 Stl). Daniel Broughton had a season-high 20 points and added five rebounds. For the Tigers, Kyrie Sutton got eight points and seven rebounds. The next game will be on Monday, January 21st when Arkansas-Pine Bluff (6-12, 5-1 SWAC) hosts Prairie View A&M (7-12, 2-4 SWAC).
Arkansas-Pine Bluff Game Notes
- The last time UAPB started the season 6-12 was 2008.
- The Golden Lions have won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after recording 66 or more total points.
- UAPB has won 83% of the time this season (5-1) when opponents record 63 or fewer total points.
- This season Arkansas-Pine Bluff has won 80% of the time (4-1) when Daniel Broughton has 5 rebounds or more.
- This is the 2nd win of the season where the Golden Lions came back after being down at halftime.
- Daniel Broughton accounted for 30.3% of the team's points.
- DaVon Haynes has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 18 games this season.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Daniel Broughton's career.
- DaVon Haynes has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Terrell Kennedy has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Texas Southern Game Notes
- The Tigers have lost 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Texas Southern is 24-30 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Omar Strong and Lawrence Johnson-Danner) accounted for 46.0% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Aaron Clayborn and Kyrie Sutton) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Omar Strong has led the team in scoring 7 times in 19 games this season.
- Aaron Clayborn has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 19 games this season.
- Omar Strong has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- Fred Sturdivant set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
- Lawrence Johnson-Danner has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Aaron Clayborn has 4 straight double-digit point games.