(13-5, 3-3 away)
(13-5, 12-2 home)
Venue: Carver-Hawkeye Arena
8:06PM ET / 5:06PM PT, January 19, 2013
||J Berggren 12
||R Evans 7
||B Brust 3
||R Devyn Marble 14
||A White 6
||A Clemmons 4
On Saturday, January 19th, Wisconsin was edged by Iowa 70-66 in conference play. Wisconsin found themselves in an early 34-18 hole at halftime, but made a strong push in the second half to make this one close. George Marshall put up a career-high 20 points on 70% shooting in 15 minutes in the loss. Mike Bruesewitz scored seven points and added nine rebounds. For the Hawkeyes, Aaron White got a team-high 17 points and seven rebounds. Next up for Wisconsin (13-5, 4-1 Big Ten) is 18th-ranked Michigan State (16-3, 5-1 Big Ten) on Tuesday, January 22nd on their home court.
Wisconsin Game Notes
- Wisconsin started 13-5 during the 2011 and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- When the opposition records 70 or more total points this season, Wisconsin has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- Wisconsin set season lows for blocks and steals.
- The Badgers have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 8 games.
- Wisconsin has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 4 games.
- George Marshall accounted for 30.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Mike Bruesewitz and Jared Berggren) accounted for 41.1% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (35) than the starters (31).
- Mike Bruesewitz has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 18 games this season.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Mike Bruesewitz.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Ryan Evans.
- Sam Dekker has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of George Marshall's career.
Iowa Game Notes
- The Hawkeyes won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Iowa has lost 26 close games.
- The top two scorers (Aaron White and Roy Devyn Marble) accounted for 42.8% of the points.
- Aaron White has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 7 times in 18 games this season.
- Aaron White has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Aaron White set a career high with 13 free throws made.