On Saturday, January 19th, Florida International took on Troy and beat the Trojans 61-55 in conference action. The Golden Panthers were led by Tymell Murphy, who got 15 points plus eight rebounds. Malik Smith was on fire from three-point range, going 5 for 11 to get to a game-high 22 points overall. Emil Jones got a team-high 18 points and five rebounds for the Trojans. Florida International (10-8, 5-4 Sun Belt) gets Louisiana (7-14, 3-7 Sun Belt) on the road on Thursday, January 24th.
Florida International Game Notes
- FIU has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after holding an opponent to under 38.8% field goal percentage.
- This season Florida International has won 100% of the time (4-0) when Malik Smith has 7 field goals made or more.
- FIU set season lows for blocks and turnovers.
- Florida International has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 1st win of the season where the Golden Panthers came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--FIU has a 4.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Malik Smith accounted for 36.0% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jerome Frink and Tymell Murphy) accounted for 45.7% of the rebounds.
- Malik Smith has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 18 games this season.
- Jerome Frink has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 18 games this season.
- Tymell Murphy has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 5th 20-point game of Malik Smith's career.
- Malik Smith has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Cameron Bell has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Troy Game Notes
- Emil Jones recorded a team season high in free throws made with 8 and free throws attempted with 11.
- Emil Jones accounted for 32.7% of the team's points.
- Emil Jones has led the team in scoring 4 times in 19 games this season.
- Emil Jones has 4 straight double-digit point games.