Wyoming earned an upset win over No. 15 San Diego State 58-45 in MWC action in a game where the Aztecs shot just 29% from the floor. With the win, the Cowboys stay undefeated versus AP-Ranked teams at 2-0 for the season. Leonard Washington picked up a double-double for the Cowboys including a game-high 14 points and 14 rebounds. Larry Nance Jr played his way to a double-double as well with 11 points and 12 rebounds. For the Aztecs, DeShawn Stephens got seven points and seven rebounds. Next up for Wyoming (15-2, 2-2 MWC) is UNLV (15-4, 2-2 MWC) on Thursday, January 24th on the road.
Wyoming Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:04 left to go.
- Wyoming beat the spread by 15.0 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Cowboys have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, Wyoming played 16 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 2-14.
- The Cowboys have won 100% of the time this season (8-0) after recording 18 or more free throws made.
- Wyoming has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after committing 15 or fewer turnovers.
- Wyoming has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 45 or fewer total points.
- Wyoming has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after holding an opponent to under 11.1% three-point percentage.
- This season Wyoming has won 100% of the time (11-0) when Leonard Washington has 14 points or more, 83% of the time (5-1) when Josh Adams plays 34 minutes or more, and 91% of the time (10-1) when Larry Nance Jr has 4 field goals made or more.
- Wyoming set a season low for three-pointers.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--Wyoming has a 12.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Leonard Washington recorded a team season high in rebounds with 14.
- Larry Nance Jr tallied a team season high in defensive rebounds with 12.
- The top two scorers (Leonard Washington and Derrious Gilmore) accounted for 46.5% of the points.
- Leonard Washington accounted for 38.8% of the team's rebounds.
- Leonard Washington has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 11 times in 17 games this season.
- Larry Nance Jr recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Larry Nance Jr recorded a double-double. It was the 2nd of his career.
- Larry Nance Jr had a career high with 12 defensive rebounds.
- Leonard Washington recorded the 17th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Leonard Washington recorded a double-double. It was his 8th this season and 14th of his career.
- Leonard Washington had career highs with 14 rebounds, 11 defensive rebounds, and 5 steals.
San Diego State Game Notes
- San Diego State lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Jamaal Franklin and Winston Shepard) accounted for 51.1% of the points.
- Jamaal Franklin has led the team in scoring 13 times in 18 games this season.
- Jamaal Franklin has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for J.J. O`Brien.