Bowling Green 65
(6-11, 0-9 away)
(6-12, 4-5 home)
Venue: Alumni Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 19, 2013
||J Crawford 16
||A Calhoun 7
||J Crawford 3
||J McCrea 17
||J McCrea 7
||J Oldham 4
On Saturday, January 19th, Bowling Green lost a nail-biter to Buffalo 68-65 in conference play. Richaun Holmes put up seven points and seven rebounds in a losing effort. Jordon Crawford had a team-high 18 points and added four assists. Javon McCrea registered a double-double for the Bulls on a game-high 21 points and 14 rebounds. Bowling Green (6-11, 1-3 MAC) gets Kent State (11-7, 2-2 MAC) at home on Wednesday, January 23rd.
Bowling Green Game Notes
- BGSU beat the spread by 2.5 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Falcons have beaten the spread.
- The Falcons have been unlucky 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Bowling Green has lost 36 close games.
- Bowling Green has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 3 or fewer steals.
- When the opposition records 68 or more total points this season, Bowling Green has lost 100% of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition records 23 or more field goals made this season, Bowling Green has lost 100% of the time (0-8).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 44.2% or better this season, Bowling Green has lost 100% of the time (0-6).
- The Falcons set a season high for three-point percentage.
- The last time BGSU had a three-point percentage of 50.0% or higher was Feb 25, 2012 against Kent State.
- The Falcons have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Bowling Green has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- This is the 3rd loss of the season where the Falcons opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Jordon Crawford and A`uston Calhoun) accounted for 52.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (A`uston Calhoun and Richaun Holmes) accounted for 41.6% of the rebounds.
- Jordon Crawford has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 17 games this season.
- A`uston Calhoun has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 17 games this season.
- A`uston Calhoun has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Jordon Crawford has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Buffalo Game Notes
- Buffalo won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Bulls won this one, but have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Buffalo has lost 25 close games.
- Javon McCrea accounted for 30.8% of the team's points.
- Javon McCrea accounted for 37.8% of the team's rebounds.
- Javon McCrea has led the team in scoring 14 times and in rebounding 9 times in 18 games this season.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Javon McCrea's career.
- Javon McCrea has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Javon McCrea recorded a double-double. It was his 6th this season and 18th of his career.
- Javon McCrea set a career high with 14 rebounds.
|C||Tony Watson II||34||7||0||2||0||0||3|