(13-4, 3-3 away)
(16-3, 11-3 home)
Venue: Fifth Third Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 19, 2013
||V Blue 14
||D Gardner 5
||J Cadougan 4
||S Kilpatrick 18
||T Rubles 6
||C Wright 3
On Saturday, January 19th, No. 25 Marquette was stunned by Cincinnati 71-69 in overtime. While Cincinnati took a big 29-13 halftime lead, Marquette fought back in the second half, only to have their comeback attempt fall short. The Golden Eagles got a team-high 19 points and eight rebounds from Vander Blue. Davante Gardner got a double-double with 15 points and 11 rebounds. Sean Kilpatrick got a mind-blowing 36 points for the Bearcats, making 5 of 14 from three-point range. Marquette (13-4, 4-1 Big East) takes on Providence (10-8, 2-4 Big East) on Saturday, January 26th on their home court.
Marquette Game Notes
- Marquette started 13-4 during the 2011, 2007, and 2006 seasons (since 1996).
- Marquette beat the spread by 5.0 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Golden Eagles have beaten the spread.
- Marquette has played in 3 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Golden Eagles have played in 11 overtime games with a record of 6-5.
- The Golden Eagles have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Marquette has lost 28 close games.
- The Golden Eagles set season highs for rebounds and three-pointers.
- The last time Marquette recorded at least 8 three-pointers was Mar 15, 2012 against Brigham Young.
- Marquette set a season low for field goal percentage.
- Davante Gardner recorded a team season high in free throws made with 13 and free throws attempted with 15.
- Vander Blue tallied a team season high in field goals attempted with 19 and three pointers attempted with 9.
- The top two scorers (Vander Blue and Davante Gardner) accounted for 49.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Davante Gardner and Vander Blue) accounted for 46.3% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (21) than the starters (17).
- The bench recorded more points (35) than the starters (34).
- Vander Blue has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 17 games this season.
- Davante Gardner has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 17 games this season.
- Vander Blue has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Vander Blue had a career high with 3 three-pointers.
- Davante Gardner recorded the 4th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Davante Gardner has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Davante Gardner recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 4th of his career.
- Davante Gardner had a career high with 13 free throws made.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Jamil Wilson.
Cincinnati Game Notes
- Cincinnati won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Bearcats won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Cincinnati has lost 22 close games.
- Sean Kilpatrick recorded a team season high in points with 36, field goals made with 11, and three pointers attempted with 14.
- Sean Kilpatrick accounted for 50.7% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Titus Rubles and JaQuon Parker) accounted for 43.9% of the rebounds.
- Sean Kilpatrick has led the team in scoring 10 times in 19 games this season.
- Titus Rubles has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 19 games this season.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Sean Kilpatrick's career.
- Sean Kilpatrick has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Sean Kilpatrick set career highs with 36 points and 11 field goals made.
- Titus Rubles recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Titus Rubles recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for David Nyarsuk.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Justin Jackson.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Cheikh Mbodj.
|C||S. Taylor Jr.||11||4||1||0||0||0||0|