Morehead State 88
(10-10, 3-8 away)
(4-15, 4-5 home)
Venue: Skyhawk Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 19, 2013
||M Chavis 11
||C Posthumus 6
||D Atkinson 5
||M Taylor 16
||M Taylor 7
||J Childs 2
On Saturday, January 19th, Morehead State outshot Tennessee-Martin 54%-34% and won on the road versus the Skyhawks 88-74 in OVC action. Kahlil Owens played brilliantly for the Eagles and got a career-high 16 points and five rebounds. Devon Atkinson got a double-double with 12 points and 12 assists. For the Skyhawks, Terence Smith got a season-high 19 points and four rebounds. Morehead State (10-10, 4-2 OVC) welcomes Belmont (14-4, 5-0 OVC) on Thursday, January 24th.
Morehead State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:56 left to go.
- Morehead State started 10-10 during the 2008, 2007, 2006, 2003, and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- MSU beat the spread by 7.5 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Eagles have beaten the spread.
- The Eagles have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 88 or more total points.
- MSU has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) when opponents record 18 or fewer field goals made.
- The Eagles set a season high for field goal percentage.
- The last time MSU had a field goal percentage of 54.1% or higher was Feb 04, 2012 against Eastern Illinois.
- Devon Atkinson recorded a team season high in assists with 12.
- The bench recorded more points (46) than the starters (42).
- Chad Posthumus has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 20 games this season.
- This game was the 3rd double-digit assist game of Devon Atkinson's career.
- Devon Atkinson recorded a double-double. It was the 1st of his career.
- Bakari Turner has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Drew Kelly had a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
Tennessee-Martin Game Notes
- Tennessee-Martin lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Skyhawks losing streak to 3 games.
- The top two scorers (Terence Smith and Mike Liabo) accounted for 51.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Myles Taylor and Bobby Jones) accounted for 41.6% of the rebounds.
- Myles Taylor has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 19 games this season.
- Terence Smith set a career high with 4 three-pointers.
- Myles Taylor has 14 straight double-digit point games.
- Mike Liabo set a career high with 5 three-pointers.